Friday, April 06, 2007

Life at Symantec - Part 2


Things are now pretty settled down here. Aprup of different facilities available in Campus is now over, it’s all now a part of routine. Last month we developed rather extended one existing Defect Metrics Tool as per the latest requirement of the management. Prasad played very major role in the same, right from understanding the things, bringing them under one roof and most importantly adding codes for the new reports. On the other hand, I was fighting two different battles, had to catch with Testing cycles, setups, Lab management and the tool development. I think I haven’t given 100% justice to my second task. All I did was creating the WebPages, adding the content/links/urls in the same and helping out Prasad in some DB related things. This guy is amazing when it comes to coding. Fresh out of college, still posses the zeal for the coding, but sometime he shows the typical characteristics of Fresher like I used to behave at Ensim. <>

On the recreation front, I now moved from Pool to Foosball. What a game it is, one needs to concentrate on others movement, from where the ball is coming and where to hit it back. First time when I saw Foosball in TV serial called Friends, I thought may be one more table game. But its far more than that, and in our DCMG group there are some real maestro of it. In Last few days we have defeated almost each one of them and now we belong to the Elite Group of Foosball player in Baner Campus. Earlier opponents used to play casually imagining that Bacche hai, ek do hits marenge, but now they geared up with that extra caution while playing with us. I love to see that tense face of an attacker, who tries hard to find loopholes in my defense and each time, fails to deliver and then on my pass Prasad hits is so hard that and with an angle, end result is one more Goal making noise as Tang… We are taking this game very seriously as it is our ticket to the US for playing DCMG Foosball WC.

Next year we will be playing in Mountain View for sure…

6 comments:

Bini said...

Looks like u re enjoying your time at Symantec, does it have an office in Delhi/NCR region? :D I am bored already of my current paymasters..

Manodeep said...

@ Bhawna : As of now we are not present in Delhi Region. But yoy are always welcome in Pune. Think about it :D

Anonymous said...

I always had fascination for this game!
Good to know that you are pretty good at it now.
How is Pool?

the knight said...

good to know that people do get time to enjoy the facilities at the workplace!!
lets see what credit suisse has in store for me :)

Manodeep said...

@ Pritu:
Pool table's condition is not so good these days. :( So will have to start playing at E-Square ;)

Manodeep said...

@ Himanshu - The Knight :
I am sure they will have something exciting. Best luck